343 Rosedale-Flynns Creek Road
Rosedale VIC 3847
- After year one – Pasture and livestock production between traditional pasture/lucerne and wheat/ canola in a mixed farming system
- Using deep rooted plants to penetrate the sodic layer
- Oversowing spring wheat into lucerne stand
- SHEEP AUTODRAFTER/handler demonstration—embracing technology to make sheep handling and management easier
Who should attend? Graziers
- Tony Gardner, WGCMA —Healthy Soils Sustainable Farms project
- Scott Langley —farm overview, collecting sheep data, sheep handling
- Lindsay Hyde, DEDJTR — sodic soils in Gippsland
- Janice Dowe, Gippsland Southern Farming Systems —monitoring
Directions: From Rosedale township, take Cansick St towards the south west, crossing the railway line and follow Rosedale-Flynns Creek Rd for 4kms. Clearview gate is on the right hand side next to cattle yards. Park at the shearing shed.
This project is supported by Latrobe Catchment Landcare Network and Southern Farming Systems, through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Programme and West Gippsland Catchment Management Authority.