HOW TO TAKE A MUSHROOM SAMPLE FOR IDENTIFICATION
- Please send at least two (2) specimens for each identification.
- Include the whole mushroom: cap, stem and – most important – any underground structures.
- Submit average size specimens, not largest or smallest.
- Wrap each specimen in paper towel or newspaper. Do not wrap different specimens together.
- PLEASE DO NOT place mushroom in a plastic bag or mail in an envelope
- Mark each sample clearly with its sample ID.
- Complete the Sample Submission Forms with as many details as possible.
- Pack your samples in a sturdy box and mark your sample pack clearly with your name and address.
- Send samples by overnight courier or Express Post to: Agpath P/L 105 Gunn Rd, Vervale Vic 3814
- Please note that Agpath cannot guarantee timely analysis for samples arriving just prior to weekend or public holiday.
- Report will be issued within 10 working days from receipt of sample.
To fill out Mushroom ID submission form electronically click here. Open the Mushroom ID submission form; download to computer; fill out form and either print and submit with sample or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mushroom ID submission form pdf version